Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June 2014 Ipsy "Pretty in Paradise" Glam Bag


This month’s Ipsy bag was all about getting Pretty in Paradise. Warm white sand beaches or a café under a star filled night sky, being pretty in YOUR paradise is only a Glam Bag away. We picked products that are excellent for an extravagant getaway or a quintessential kit for a quick trip for some peace and quite. What paradise is on your bucket list?
June 2014 Ipsy "Pretty in Paradise" Glam Bag

My June Glam Bag came complete with 5 deluxe/full size products housed in a gorgeous Rebecca Minkoff designed makeup case. This has got to be my favourite makeup bag so far from Ipsy, and I already have it in my purse to hold my on the go makeup products. I absolutely adore everything I got in this month’s bag and can’t wait to use it all month. If you are interested in signing up for your own Glam Bag click here to sign up. Ipsy cost $10USD or $14.95CDN a month.
June 2014 Ipsy "Pretty in Paradise" Glam Bag

Be a Bombshell Lash Out Mascara

Sample Value – 9g/$15
A rich pigmented mascara with a lengthening formula that offers a multidimensional look.

I love getting this brand in my Ipsy bag and I have never been disappointed by anything I’ve received. This product is full size, and reasonable priced. The mascara wand looks somewhat plain, but I have high hopes for this product. I can’t wait to try this out!

NYX Butter Gloss in Éclair

Sample Value – 8mL/$4.99
Buttery soft and silky smooth, the scrumptious new NYX Butter Lip Gloss tastes as sweet as sugar cookies – and makes your lips look down right luscious. Swipe it on alone or over your favourite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky.

Can there be a perfect lip gloss? Yes there can and NYX has created it with these Butter Glosses. These glosses go on smooth, last for hours, and provide immense moisture to the lips all without being sticky or slipping around the lips. It is the perfect consistency; just everything about it is perfect. I’m hooked and will be buying more of these in the near future.

Jesse’s Girl Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner

Sample Value – 0.017oz/$6.99
This true black liquid liner creates a bold, precise, ultra-fine liner that’s both waterproof and smudge-proof. The unique calligraphy-style brush allows you to create lines as thin as one millimeter.

I love the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, and the brush of this liner looks identical and also provides the same pigmentation. I need to test out this liner a bit more, but I think I have found a cost effective dupe for my Holy Grail liquid liner.
June 2014 Ipsy "Pretty in Paradise" Glam Bag
June 2014 Ipsy "Pretty in Paradise" Glam Bag

Olehenriksen Truth-To-Go Wipes

Sample Value – 10 wipes/$9
Cleanse, brighten and hydrate your skin with out best-selling truth to go wipes. Our thick gentle cloths remove dirt and makeup in one easy step while imparting anti-aging anti-oxidants.

I could always use more cleansing wipes, and these came in a convenient travel size package. I’ve heard great things about the Olehenriksen products so I can’t wait to try these out. They are fairly expensive at $1 per wipe so I hope they work wonders.

Marc Anthony Dream Waves Beach Spray

Sample Value – 1.52oz/$3.18
Create natural, effortless, beach hair worn loose, soft, and wavy. It adds body and texture to straight, fine strands or pumps up the curl in already wavy hair.

First of all this product smells amazing! Like they captured the essence of the beach in a bottle, with a mixture or coconut, sunscreen, sand, and salt water. It is absolutely divine and regardless of whether this product worked or not I would spray it in my hair just for the scent.  The good thing is that this product actually works and makes my hair look textured but not crispy. I’ve tried it on damp and dry hair, and prefer the effect it creates on damp hair. It amplifies curls and waviness without weighing down my hair or making it greasy. I will be repurchasing this product all year round.


Overall, I am really impressed with the products I got in this months bag. They are all generous sized samples of products that I have never tried, but so far have proved to be ones I will repurchase. The total value of my June 2014 Glam Bag is $39.16.

5 comments:

  1. Such a great selection! I've seen a few reviews of this one and everyone seems pleased. The butter gloss looks lovely and the makeup bag itself is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassandra Turcotte19 June 2014 at 11:26

    I'm not overly impressed by the contents of this Ipsy bag. I cancelled my subscription to save a little money. Not regretting it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hair product didn't quite work for me, but I will keep using it just because of the smell - LOVE it! I'm really liking the NYX lippie as well. I got the nude shade and it's perfect for those "quieter" make-up days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad the spray didnt work for you :(
    But it smells amazing. I want a perfume that smells just like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butter gloss is great and I love the makeup bag. My favourite so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and leave a comment! I hope you have a beauty full day!